NOTIFICATION OF TRANSACTIONS OF DIRECTORS, PERSONS DISCHARGING MANAGERIAL RESPONSIBILITY OR CONNECTED PERSONS
This form is intended for use by an issuer to make a RIS notification required by DR 3.3
(1) An issuer making a notification in respect of a transaction
relating to the shares or debentures of the issuer should complete boxes 1 to 16, 23 and 24.
(2) An issuer making a notification in respect of a derivative
relating the shares of the issuer should complete boxes 1 to 4, 6, 8, 13, 14, 16, 23 and 24.
(3) An issuer making a notification in respect of options granted to
a director/person discharging managerial responsibilities should complete boxes 1 to 3 and 17 to 24.
(4) An issuer making a notification in respect of a financial
instrument relating to the shares of the issuer (other than a debenture) should complete boxes 1 to 4, 6, 8, 9, 11, 13, 14, 16, 23 and 24.
Please complete all relevant boxes should in block capital letters.
1. Name of the issuer 2. State whether the notification relates to (i) a transaction notified in accordance with DTR 3.1.2 R; (ii) a disclosure made in accordance with LR 9.8.6 R(1), or; (iii) a disclosure made in accordance with section 793 of the Companies act (2006) Biocompatibles International plc (i)
3. Name of person discharging 4. State whether notification relates
managerial responsibilities/ to a person connected with a person director discharging managerial responsibilities/director named in 3 and identify the connected person Peter Geigle Not applicable
5. Indicate whether the notification 6. Description of shares (including
is in respect of a holding of the class), debentures or derivatives person referred to in 3 or 4 or financial instruments relating above or in respect of a to shares non-beneficial interest person referred to in 3. above Ordinary shares 21 53/94 pence each
7. Name of registered shareholders 8 State the nature of the transaction
(s) and, if more than one, the number of shares held by each of them as 3. above Sale
9. Number of shares, debentures or 10. Percentage of issued class
financial instruments relating to acquired (treasury shares of shares acquired that class should not be taken into account when calculating percentage)
11. Number of shares, debentures or 12. Percentage of issued class
financial instruments relating to disposed (treasury shares of shares disposed that class should not be taken into account when calculating percentage) 50,000 shares Total of 0.12%
13. Price per share or value of 14. Date and place of transaction
transaction 395p 19 January 2011
15. Total holding following notification 16. Date issuer informed of
and total percentage holding transaction following notification (any treasury shares should not be taken into account when calculating percentage) 730,929 21 January 2011 1.78%
If a person discharging managerial responsibilities has been granted options by the issuer complete the following boxes
17 Date of grant 18. Period during which or date on which it can be exercised
19. Total amount paid (if any) for grant 20. Description of shares or
of the option debentures involved (class and number)
21. Exercise price (if fixed at time of 22. Total number of shares or
grant) or indication that price is debentures over which options to be fixed at the time of exercise held following notification 23. Any additional information 24. Name of contact and telephone number for queries Ian Ardill Finance Director & Company Secretary, Biocompatibles International plc. 01252 732732
Name and signature of duly authorised officer of issuer responsible for making notification
IAN ARDILL __________________________________________________________
Date of notification 24 January 2011